Most of you know that October is pregnancy and infant loss awareness month. I haven't been able to put to words all my thoughts on this so I've stayed quiet, even though I'm not quiet about our infertility journey. For me, these two have gone hand in hand. I've had three miscarriages from pregnancies that were achieved through fertility treatments. These were all pregnancies I had hoped and prayed for, only to have them end in the first trimester, never getting my take home baby.
My heart breaks every time I hear someone's story of their loss. I am so proud of all the women raising their voices to share their stories the past few weeks. I know it's not easy, but there is so much love and strength that comes when we share our struggles and losses.
I think of how different our lives would be if each baby lived. I am grateful for the experiences we have had over the years of infertility, and know that they have shaped us into who we are today. We are very blessed. Even though we still have no babies running around in our home calling me mommy, they are each a part of my heart and I am a mother. I am thankful we can spend this month remembering each angel baby because I know that each woman who has gone through this loss thinks about what could have, would have, should have been.





1 comment:
Love you <3
Post a Comment